Our Parish Mission that was scheduled for March 16-18 has been cancelled.
URGENT – MASSES CANCELLED
Effective immediately, in order to help stop the spread of COVID-19, the Archbishop has cancelled and/or postponed all church functions: all classes, meetings, most sacraments, our penitential service for Wednesday, March 18, and all Saturday/Sunday Masses.
St. Charles church will remain open during office hours (9 am – 1 pm, Mondays and Fridays) in order for you to:
in and pray
the Sacrament of Reconciliation
off your Sunday envelopes
always, please use the office doors; the church doors will remain locked.
you or someone you know needs the Sacrament of the Sick after hours, please
call Fr. Marc or Fr. Robert at our emergency number: 780-907-7964
this time of social isolation, we wish to offer the following ways to nourish
- Watch a livestream of the mass: on Salt+Light TV or Vision TV, or online at dailytvmass.com/daily-tv-mass. The Archdiocese will livestream Sunday mass at 10:30 a.m. from St. Joseph’s Basilica. This can be accessed on our Archdiocesan website at caedm.ca.
- Make a Spiritual Communion:
“My Jesus, I believe that You are in the Blessed Sacrament. I love You above all things, and I long for
you in my soul. Since I cannot now
receive You sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. As though You have already come, I embrace
You and unite myself entirely to You.
Never permit me to be separated from You.”
- Send us your prayer intentions. You can phone them into us, or email us. Fr. Marc and Fr. Robert will pray for your intentions at their private masses.
- Check in on those around you. Do you know of a parishioner or neighbour who is often isolated and for whom this time is even a greater burden? Phone them, buy their groceries, give them some encouragement.
- Pray the Rosary together as a family. Our Lady, Health of Christians, pray for us. The Rosary is a great tool against spiritual and physical ills.
- Come to the church and
pray. Even though public mass is
cancelled, the church is open during business hours; you may come and make a
visit to the Blessed Sacrament.
- Send us selfies by email of you and your family praying together. We can post them on our web page.
We had some technical issues with the St. Charles website which resulted in a loss of much of the content that was on the site. We are working to restore things – thank you for your patience!
Please contact the parish office if you would like to request website updates for any groups or ministries of which you are a member.