(For children age 7 to 11 who have not yet been baptised or who have been baptised into another Christian faith)
· Children and parents meet weekly at St. Charles to learn about the faith and prepare for the Sacraments of Initiation (Baptism, Confirmation, and First Eucharist).
· Sessions are 45 minutes in length.
· The sessions begin in mid-October and end two or three weeks after Easter.
· Children and their families participate in several special celebrations along their journey, culminating with the children receiving the Sacraments of Initiation at the Easter Vigil.
What you need to register:
· Copy of child’s Birth Certificate
· Copy of child’s Baptism Certificate (if applicable)
· A sponsor for the child who is an actively practicing Catholic, over 16 years of age, and who has been Baptized, Confirmed, and received Holy Eucharist. The sponsor cannot be the parent or legal guardian of the child.
How to register:
· Call the parish office (780-456-5399) or email Erica at firstname.lastname@example.org to book an appointment.
· Both parents must be present for the appointment.
· FINAL registration date: Thursday, October 19, 2017
If you are joining RCIA/RCIC/RCIY this year, are from a previous year, or are part of the sponsors/hospitality team, please feel welcome to attend our Reunion Party on Thursday September 21 at 7PM. It will be an appetizer and dessert potluck so please bring a small dish to share! RSVP to Amber.Tweedy@caedm.ca by September 18th.
RCIC begins Thursday October 12, 2017 at 7PM.