URGENT – MASSES CANCELLED
Effective immediately, in order to help stop the spread of COVID-19, the Archbishop has cancelled and/or postponed all church functions: all classes, meetings, most sacraments, and all Saturday/Sunday Masses.
St. Charles church will remain open during office hours (9 am – 4 pm, Monday – Friday) in order for you to:
- Come in and pray
- Celebrate the Sacrament of Reconciliation
- Drop off your Sunday envelopes
As always, please use the office doors; the church doors will remain locked.
If you or someone you know needs the Sacrament of the Sick after hours, please call Fr. Marc or Fr. Robert at our emergency number: 780-907-7964
During this time of social isolation, we wish to offer the following ways to nourish your faith:
- Watch a livestream of the mass: on Salt+Light TV or Vision TV, or online at dailytvmass.com/daily-tv-mass. The Archdiocese will livestream Sunday mass at 10:30 a.m. from St. Joseph’s Basilica. This can be accessed at Grandin Media Livestream or via Facebook.
- Make a Spiritual Communion:
“My Jesus, I believe that You are in the Blessed Sacrament. I love You above all things, and I long for you in my soul. Since I cannot now receive You sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. As though You have already come, I embrace You and unite myself entirely to You. Never permit me to be separated from You.”
- Read the Sunday readings as a family, or as a group of friends , to pray and reflect. You can find the Sunday (and weekday) readings at http://nlo.cccb.ca/index.php/weekday-lectionary
- Send us your prayer intentions. You can phone them into us, or email us. Fr. Marc and Fr. Robert will pray for your intentions at their private masses.
- Check in on those around you. Do you know of a parishioner or neighbour who is often isolated and for whom this time is even a greater burden? Phone them, buy their groceries, give them some encouragement.
- Pray the Rosary together as a family. Our Lady, Health of Christians, pray for us. The Rosary is a great tool against spiritual and physical ills.
- Come to the church and pray. Even though public mass is cancelled, the church is open during business hours; you may come and make a visit to the Blessed Sacrament.
- Send us selfies by email of you and your family praying together. We can post them on our web page.